If you are an employer preparing to deal with Workers’ Compensation claims in New Jersey, you can count on the experience and knowledge of Blue Lion Insurance Advisors, LLC to see you through. Although Workers’ Compensation Insurance is a practical solution to the ongoing problem of work-related injuries, the program varies from state to state and may be confusing. For this reason, it is essential that you not only purchase an appropriate insurance policy, but that you seek out skilled insurance advisors to help you protect your business, your assets, your employees, and your reputation from an unexpected event.
Employee Injuries Can Occur in Any Workplace
In New Jersey, as throughout the nation, workplace injuries involving workers’ compensation claims are quite common. Whether your company carries the inherent dangers of construction, excavation, demolition, electrical work, or chemical production, or seems to maintain an entirely safe and sedate environment, employees can be seriously injured at your place of business. Whether you run a restaurant, a clothing store, or a law office, individuals in your employ may be hurt by incidents involving:
- Slip and fall
- Over exertion or overreaching
- Repetitive stress related to the job
- Exposure to environmental hazards
- Illness related to the workplace
- Equipment malfunctions
- Transportation mishaps
- Fire or explosion
- Intentional attack
No matter what type of injury your employee sustains during work, Blue Lion Insurance Advisors, LLC can assist you in making certain you have the right Workers’ Compensation Insurance for your specific needs.
How New Jersey Workers’ Compensation Works
Except for those covered by federal programs, all New Jersey businesses with employees are required to carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance, through partnerships and limited liability companies (LLC’s) may be self-insured. In order to be eligible for workers’ Comp coverage, an employee must:
- Be receiving standard paychecks with taxes deducted each pay period
- Have suffered an injury beyond the scope of first-aid treatment
- Have suffered the injury while performing her job
It is important to understand that your company may not need to provide Workers’ Compensation Insurance for independent contractors, interns, or volunteers.
Benefits of New Jersey Workers’ Comp to Your Company
There are several notable benefits for both your company and your employees under New Jersey workers’ compensation. If injured at your workplace, through workers’ comp your employees will receive:
- Paid medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost income (after one week of missed work)
- Temporary or permanent disability benefits, if eligible
Your company, too, will benefit greatly since by receiving workers’ comp your injured employee gives up his or her right to sue you except in cases of extreme negligence, recklessness, or direct assault.
Additional advantages are that:
- There is no need for either party to prove fault in order for workers’ comp to be provided
- There is no waiting period for workers’ comp to kick in — the policy is in force as soon as the employee is hired
Our well-informed insurance advisors, who have successfully handled workers’ comp cases so many times, can walk you through what may seem to be an intimidating process.
Types of Benefits Your Employee May Be Entitled To
As a business owner, you can request an independent medical examination (IME) with a different qualified medical expert than the one who performed the initial exam. Depending on the severity of the injury, your employee may be entitled to:
- Medical Benefits
- Temporary Total Benefits
- Permanent Partial Benefits
- Permanent Total Benefits
- Death benefits to dependents
It should be remembered that employees who do not adhere to their prescribed treatment plan
may lose their workers’ comp benefits.
Contact Our First-Rate New Jersey Workers’ Comp Insurance Advisors Today
At Blue Lion Insurance Advisors, LLC, we can help you find the most cost-effective workers’ compensation policy for your company. These are some strategies to keep costs and workers’ comp claims down:
- Investigate potential workplace dangers and repair them immediately
- Take all accident reports seriously and file claims as quickly as possible
- Make sure to train employees in all matters of safety protocol
- Arrange for injured employees to return to work comfortably, and efficiently
Our accomplished insurance advisors will ensure that your company and your employees are protected in case of a work-related injury or illness. Contact us now to make certain your company’s insurance coverage remains Blue Lion Strong™.
The next step is easy!
Call us today at (732) 649-1600 to learn how our advisors could get you the right coverage, at the right price, and superior service. You can also Request A FREE Insurance Quote on our site or Contact an advisor for more information.
Experience Blue Lion Strong™!